Thursday, September 1, 2011

Didn't See It Coming~

We are moving to Tucson!! Didn't see that in our plans. Tim had been awaiting a new assignment to be an Executive Director of his own building for a few months now and we knew that there were building openings in Mesa (where I was hoping to go), Scottsdale, (where Tim was wanting) and South Mountain, (3rd choice) Well, when Tim had his interview with the Stake President, not really but for my mother-in-law and I to understand all of Tim's bosses we use church terms. Anyway when he had this interview we felt that we'd go to one of the mentioned locations. We had a few days of playing with the idea of moving closer to family and got all sorts of excited. Well the official offer came on a Thursday, we were shocked to hear Tucson! Not in a bad way but just didn't see that coming. Also we would need to be there by September 12! Yikes!

We got right to work looking for housing. Now the last time I had been to Tucson was in High School when BYU made it to the Copper bowl and Tim had never been. So where to live was going to be a challenge. We decided to go visit Tucson and look for housing on Saturday. I had been looking on Craigslist and other sites since Thursday afternoon for houses. It was frustrating! But I know that when you ask the Lord to place you where you would be most effective He will lay out a smooth path for you. Friday night as we put the boys to bed we prayed for help. I pulled up Craigslist and found a new entry, Googled it, mapped it to Tim's work, and called for an appointment to view it on Saturday. I also put the address in the church website to find the ward to call the bishop to see what the area was like. You know how these Arizona towns are in the winter? Lots of Snow birds! I wanted a good ward for the boys to have friends.

So.... it is perfect! I called the Bishop while we were down there and he said all the right words. Over 100 kids in Primary, 80 youth, and the best part for Tim.... he has a son and a daughter on a mission in Chile, one actually in Santiago East! Our new home is 2 miles from Tim's work, Gold's gym (my new bff) , and my favorite farmers market Sprouts. Perfect! We are renting still since we don't know where we'll be in a year, but non the less, we are excited for this new adventure!

What is a post without pictures? So here is a little somethin for our Grandparents!!
Bath time is lots of fun at our house, usually filled with toys, but in this case
smoothies and smiles!
I could eat them up!



1 comment:

Kristine said...

How exciting! Your boys are so cute too!