Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Summers end :(

I can't believe that summer is over for us. We have had such a fun summer with family and friends, so it makes me really sad to see it end and not to mention get cold again. Tim starts school tomorrow! Might I add this will be his last year at UVU! It's back to books, tests, and single parenting! (sometimes it feels that way) I realize that I am not the best at posting current activities in our lives, so I will be looking back at some of the highlights of the summer.
To start the summer off our baby boy, Hudson, turned 1!! I still can't believe how fast this last year went. We measured him so we can chart his growth with all the other grandkids.
We were able to go to Kanab for the 4th of July. I haven't been home for it since before my mission so I was reallly excited! We also had my moms whole family come up from Arizona to visit. So you can just imagine all the fun we had with a full house!
My Grandparents were so happy that most of their children and grandchildren were all here together. They had the sweetest smiles on their faces the whole weekend.
Tim's work gave us free tickets to the zoo. We invited his sister Kim and her kids, our cute neighbor kids Rachel and Parker, and of course, grandma Juju and Jonny. It was a lot of fun and the animals were so funny.
And last but not least we went to Bear Lake for the Claybaugh Family vacation! We only took a few pictures of Hudson so I will post more pictures later.

11 comments:

Cyndi said...

What a fun summer! Im always sad when it comes to an end also!! It seems there is never quite enough time to go everywhere you want, just wait 'til your little guy starts school, then the summers realy fly!! You look so good and happy I am so happy for you shelb!!

Mikkel said...

Ohhh, Hudson is so cute. I want to hug him and squeeze him. You should move to Cedar.

Andrea Gilberg said...

Hey I just saw that you had a blog. Cute pictures.

Zappe Family said...

Cute baby boy Hudson. I want to know if he's really tall or not?? :) How fun that you found our blogpage. Now...I'm going to add you to my links! You'll have to check out Christy & John's blog and Lisa & Jason's blog too! I have their links on my page. I'm sure they'd LOVE to hear from you too.

Sounds like you're doing well and you look so happy with your little family! :) Keep in touch!

Ashley Jackson said...

Hey Shelbie I was excited to hear from you. We are living in Clearfield so we are closer to you guys. Are you still in Orem/Provo area? We would love to get together sometime we don't know many people up here so we love to find our old friends. Anyways if you are ever up this way give me a call I think we will be down in Orem this Saturday possibly so if we are I'll give you a call:)

The Polson Family said...

Shelbie, it's Lisa-you know you're really cool King Henry roommate. I can't tell you how excited I am to find your blog. I think about you all the time. Your little boy is so, so cute. I am so exited to keep in contact. Yeah!!!

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

Looks like all us King Henry girls are stalking you!!! How are you? I haven't seen you forever. I miss you. You have a kid! Your family is so cute. I love that you have a blog so we can keep in touch.
Christy Larson Denney

Lacey said...

Cute pics! Are we going to start doing FHE again??

Shemra said...

Cute blog I was just blog surfing and found you how are you doing? Your family is too cute!!

Kirsten said...

SHELBIE!!! Girl I have been looking for your blog FOREVER!!! I finally found it through the blogging-grape-vine-world! YEAH - your little boy is adorable, such a fun little age - stay in touch:)

Ashleigh said...

bring on the fall pictures sista!!!