Thursday, January 22, 2009

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish~

On Presidents' Day, Tim wanted to go check out the Living Aquarium in Sandy. We both enjoy aquariums, and a few years ago went to the awesome one in Denver with Cami and Brandon. So we knew this one wasn't going to be as extravagant, so our expectations were not that high. When we pulled up to the building, all our preconceived thoughts were confirmed, it was in an old grocery store. "YIKES ,"I thought to myself, but it couldn't be as bad as the cave when my grandpa Garth owned it and had everything behind chicken wire! We went in and much to our surprised it looked well put together. It was divided up into two sections: Utah's own and tropical fish. We really liked the set up and displays, and we would recommend it to anyone with children. Hudson loved looking at all the fish and got a kick out of the touching pool with some kind of fish and sting rays! In my pictures you can see how cute the aquarium is with a sunken ship, a coral reef area for kids to play in, and a boat that they can pretend drive!

Utah Trout! I liked these displays the best because as you can see, they had cool pieces of drift wood above the tank (Growing up in a museum my whole life I appreciate cleaver displays).Hudson would not take his eyes off the fish to smile for us.
Jelly Fish! They had different colored lights that would change the way the fish looked. A really big star fish! This tank also had a nasty octopus in it.
Tim got stung by a sting ray a few years ago so he wouldn't touch the thing but Hudson sure tried! Don't worry moms, they have a hand washing station right near the touch pool.
This is the big fish tank which had about 6 sharks and other really big ugly fish. I thought the sunken ship was so cool. Inside was a table with puzzles and games for kids and, of course, a fish tank.These last 3 pictures are taken by the coral reef area. It was so cute with tunnels that had little fish tanks with Nemo fish inside.

4 comments:

Ashleigh said...

so fun! chamberlain says: Thats fun I wanna go to that. I asked him which picture he liked best and he said; no I like huddy buddy.

loves

Raelene said...

Looks like a pretty good aquarium. Your little boy is the cutest! You looks super cute too!

Lacey said...

I need to take Mads! She would love it!

Cyndi said...

S I totally love all the pics. It looks like you had a great time. I also love all the sledding pics your little Hudson is super cute