Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hudson's First Birthday

Hudson's 1st birthday was on June 11th. I know that this is way late but hey I'm still new at this, and besides, I was waiting to get his birthday portraits back to post them but that is taking longer than I thought, so here are a few of his special day. Hudson was such a trooper running around with mom doing who knows what that day so he didn't get the full nap that he needed, so in most of the pictures he is making a funny face! We had a bbq at grandma Juju's, opened presents, and, of course, had some delicious cake. I can't believe he is 1! I love him so much and can't wait for more birthdays!


I was really excited for Hudson to dig into his cake and get it all over, but as you can see he touched the candle. OUCH! He burnt his little fingers and for the rest of the night he would scream if the cake was near him.
Tim wanted to make Hudson's cake, so I let him although I was a little worried that it wouldn't turn out, but he suprised me with this "artistic"(as he put it) sail boat! He ended up doing a great job! Thank you babe!

14 comments:

The Morrells said...

I'm so glad you made a blog! It makes it easy to keep in touch. It's fun to see more pictures of Hudson too. He is a cutie!

Kim said...

Hooray for a new post. I have been waiting for this. SO SO cute and so sad we missed it. I love that boy.

Sarah said...

That cake is awesome- good job Tim! Hudson is adorable and getting so big!

sarah garlock
you can check out my blog at http://garlocks.blogspot.com

Raelene said...

Its so good to see your blog! Hudson is so cute! you can check out my blog beejrae.blogspot.com hope to keep in touch!

Stacy and Jared said...

hey Its awesome that your now blogging!!! I love how you can keep in touch with friends and family no matter how far away they live..
you can check us out @ jscox3.blogspot.com

Cyndi said...

hey Shelbie, its been a very long time! my parents told me they saw you not to long ago and I couldn't believe it when they said you had a kid I didn't even know you were married. but oh well life gets crazy when you are older. well you have a very cute little guy! his birthday looked like fun! dcchild.blogspot.com

Cyndi said...

Hooray for your blog! Hudson is too cute. I just love his smile. The first birthday is the best!

Unknown said...

Shelbie-hi! I was so excited to discover your blog-I was hoping that you would join in on the fun! Your son is SO cute! I cannot believe he is that old-I have never even seen him! We ought to get together-Kari

Ali said...

Hi Shelbie! Doesn't the time fly by - I can't believe he is '1' already. Congrats. He is adorable and you look great!

-Ali Anderson

Cami said...

I haven't seen a picture of Hudson for a long time, what a big boy! I love the cake! We miss you guys and can't wait to play at the lake soon! Keep up with the posts, we need to see more pics!

Jay and JoAnn said...

Wow! June is a busy month for the Claybaugh family. I forgot that Hudson was born on the 11th. Then I think, "How could I forget?" Jonn, Judy, Kim, John, Cami and Brandon will always remember his birthday as he shares such special events with all of them or at least within a day. Time goes by so fast. He is a cutie!

Janice said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Hudson!! He looks so much like tim!!

Heather said...

Yeah!! I found shelbie! You never who will find you in the blogosphere!! Hudson is SO cute. I don't think I have ever even seen in him in real life! sad. I'm a blogger too so come visit me at glovergirls.blogspot.com

mommaRx said...

Yay for you having a blog and yay for me for finding it! I can't believe that Hudson is already 1- holy cow! He is so cute and I am glad you have a blog so I can watch him grow up :) Email me at katrams1@yahoo.com and I will add you to our blog list so you can see us!!