Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mission Field~

Another great thing about living in Arizona is that we get to actually see, feed, and help out the missionaries around here! It has been so fun to get to know them and see them grow in the gospel. I think our area is good soil for training because we always have greenies. Which we love! Hudson thinks they are the coolest. Every Sunday after sacrament meeting he has to go shake their hands (sometimes a hug) and tell them about a dinosaur or car or whatever is on his mind that is so important that he has to tell the missionaries. We have started a little tradition, well we've done it twice now, when an Elder is
transfered we take them out to our favorite frozen yogurt shop, Orange
Leaf. Our friends in the ward introduced this delightfully delicious place to us a few months ago and we've gone every week since! No joke, all who have visited know what we are talking about. It's self serve, with about 14 or so different flavors, and
the best part is the toppings! Any thing you can think of they have. So when you see me this will explain why I haven't lost the rest of my baby weight. Every time we pass it Hudson will call out for it! So yummy!
Tuesday night we had to say goodbye to one of our favorite missionaries. Elder Evans, a greenie. He reminds me so much of Jonny, Tim's brother who is serving a mission in Bolivia, whom I miss dearly. One big difference though is he has a "girlfriend". Big time Lame! We tried to convince him of writing her off but no such luck. His companions were on board with us. Still too fresh but I know he will be a great missionary.
I only wish we could see these Elders when they are done serving. Seeing the change that a
mission has on these young men and women is so amazing to me. I love it,
I love the gospel! I love that we can move 10 hours away and still have the same connections with other people. I love that we can see a boy wearing a Jimmer shirt in the mall and know that he is "one of Us", as my dad would put it. Oh, how I love the work these missionaries do!
Here is Elder Lee and Elder Evans with our future missionary Elder Hudson! Love their coordinating ties!
Orange Leaf, located on the corner of Ray and Coronado Street. Did I mention it is less then a 1/2 mile from my house! Walking distance. Killer! Sweet Elder Lee, he will be training this transfer!Elder Evans, Can you see why he reminds me of Jonny? Look at that nasty 80's jacket?!

1 comment:

Todd Claybaugh said...

Ha, that makes me think of Jonny training someone with a pony tail, and he loves it. It's so perfect for him :)