Saturday, March 5, 2011

To my Uncle Mike~

I have this amazing Uncle who has developed his talents and shares them quite well. One of my biggest excitements of moving here to Arizona was to be around my mother's side of the family. Before we moved to Kanab when I was young, we were all so close. We went over to my grandma's house to swim everyday, at least it felt that way, had Sunday dinners, dad took us (my siblings plus my cousins) to the park around the corner from my grandparent's on weekends. Uncle Mike lived just down the street from them, so we would ride our big wheels to and from his house. My mother, Aunts and Uncle would gather around the piano after dinner sometimes and sing away while my ever so sweet Aunt Sharon (Mike's wife) played for them. I loved it when they sang. All of their voices sounded like angels to me. I remember thinking when I grow up I want to sing with them!
My Uncle Mike's voice is so beautiful, I would describe it like butter! Very smooth, like the kind of voice you want to do the back stroke in when you hear it! He joined the East Valley Mormon Choir a few years ago that has brought so much joy into his life. I say that there is no greater joy then when you are using your talents the Lord has blessed you with.
This Choir is amazing and tonight we were able to hear and feel the power of scriptures through music. The production was called Bring the World His Truth featuring the Arizona premiere of Messiah in America. Amazing! I am in awe over the conductors who wrote this beautiful music but more over my dear Uncle Mike! We love
you so much and thank you for letting us share this special night with you!
I'm also quite fond of these concerts because I get to be out with just my hubby!
My Uncle Mike after the concert! He is always beaming when we see him. Isn't he so handsome?!

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

That is a fabulous picture of you with uncle mike. I LOVE it, you gorgeous lady! I AM SOO JEALOUS that you get to be down there and do all those fun family things. I miss you. I miss uncle mike. I miss Tim and the boys. I love that you have the internet and can keep tabs on ya. love ya