Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Memory Remains~

The other day I cleaned out and organized our closet. You know, got rid of all those clothes that are never worn but seem to sit in your closet for years. Well there was a few shirts of Tim's that need to go to a good home so I put them in the Good Will pile. When Tim saw this certain shirt he asked why I would put it in there. My response was, "You never wear it!" He so kindly reminded me how special this shirt is. See this was the shirt he wore on our first date many years ago. How could I let it go?
Our First date is one that always puts a big smile on my face. Tim picked me up in his Nissan Sentra, drove me to his parents house where we made cookies for our roommates and wrote little Thank you notes to them. Cheesy but totally up my alley! I met his ever so sweet Mom that night. She had to help us make the cookies since we tried twice before but totally ruined the dough. Hey sugar cookies are tough to make!(Especially when you are trying to impress a future love!) That night seems like a dream these days but I am so glad it happened and that he wore this shirt!

3 comments:

Ashleigh said...

LOL. You two are peas in a pod! Love that Tim wants to keep the shirt that is something I would totally do, and its so you to throw it out! Love you!!!

Kim said...

I love that Tim even remembers what he wore. Classic "Tim memory" moment. You should keep it because you know when Hudson and Lex are in high school they'll think it's so cool and "vintage."

Mona said...

I've seen Tim in that shirt; he looks good in it. Soooo cute the two of you are.